Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thoughts Arising From The Ray Martin's Andrew Olle Media Lecture Speech

Channel 7 decided that in the biggest economic crisis of our time it needed in-depth coverage, considered reporting and relevant thought from experts in the field that could be translated to a lay audience by journalists and talking heads.

Channel 7 decided that the best way to do this was to go sort all programs by intelligence and use the headliner as it's lead ship. Some how the work experience kid managed to sort the excel spreadsheet by descending order and no one picked up the error... Which means SUNDAYS WITH ANDREW O'KEEFE is Channel 7s pick.

It's hard to say whether this is parody or if the executive head had a brain hemorrhage when Captain Rudd started talking about Xtreme Kapitalism and executive pay cuts. It's looking like the days when you could do a terrible job and be rewarded is going to be again isolated to the public service.

The financial expert is Koshy. As in, Mel and Koshy. Koshy wears glasses so you know he's a financial expert. The reverse of Clark Kent. Or like some Mike Myers movie where he plays every role... put on a fat suit, I'm the bad guy. Give me bad teeth, I'm the good guy. O'Keefe cutting to Koshy for a live feed is like jerking off your brother. Koshy cuts to some pretty young blonde that fell out of your cereal box and SHE'S interviewing pensioners who aren't capable of telling the difference between the stocks on the market and in their soup. You wonder how long before they decide to cut on location costs and just put Koshy in a roof of mirrors and he interviews himself until his hard hitting questions break open this financial mess.

If I lived out in the sticks and the West decided to deliver me my morning paper at 3pm citing logistical costs, and the shitty reception on my antenna meant I didn't get any decent news channels, I would stop watching news altogether.

Sometimes I don't even have to think too hard why people are disinclined to be abreast of current affairs and news if their only options are these cardboard cutouts. If I pissed on Koshy his little texta face was dissolve.

No comments: